剛在新聞得知Montreal 720公路 St-Jacques入口會永久關閉
平時不起眼的事物,到無又會覺得可惜
呢個雖然只係唔係咩landmark
不過都曾經係生活嘅一部份
而且在關鍵時刻(即塞車時)幫我很大忙
近年回鄉發覺交通上有不少變遷:
-Turcot Interchange和Champlain橋工程令無論幾多點都可以塞車
-Vendôme新建的McGill Superhospital,改變720的風景
-公路很多維修,修好耐都未修完

以前從屋企(Ville St-Laurent)出發,通常都直落15 sud。
這個入口是繁忙時間走盞的通道。
路線:行Decarie街落到Sherbrooke,轉入Girouard再落St-Jacques喺呢個入口落720

這個ramp是避開Turcot Interchange塞車的好路線

有時行這條路感覺很爽,因為行完就出到Guy-Concordia (rue St-Marc), 路程好似短咗好多咁。
(有間大玻璃Mazda車行在山坡上)

改路關係,St-Jacques東行會封,西行變雙線行駛...睇吓到時點塞!!

最記得下面入720 est 的ramp....
100km/h入彎係最順,唔使break!
如果呢個ramp唔塞車多數就好快去到downtown.
右邊落15 sud 或 20 ouest,無車好爽,塞車勁煩。
St. Jacques entrance to Ville Marie east closes next Monday
CTV Montreal
Published Monday, February 24, 2014 3:02PM EST
Last Updated Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:47PM EST
Published Monday, February 24, 2014 3:02PM EST
Last Updated Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:47PM EST
Residents of western Montreal are about to lose access to one of their quickest routes downtown.
On March 3, Transport Quebec will begin demolishing the onramp from St. Jacques St. to the 720 eastbound, and start closing lanes prior to demolishing the St. Jacques St. overpass.
Demolishing the onramp will force sections of Highway 15 and 720 to be closed for short periods of time, but Transport Quebec has not set dates for those closures.
The agency said as part of the onramp work most lanes on the bridge over the Decarie Expressway will be closed, but that it will keep at least one lane open in each direction until the bridge is taken down.
Until the bridge is removed, Transports Quebec is recommending drivers continue east on St. Jacques St. and access the Ville Marie Expressway at Cathedral St. in the downtown core.
Some may go another route, or use the next available highway entrance at Green Ave.
Some may go another route, or use the next available highway entrance at Green Ave.
“This is what we suggest, of course people do their own planning, their own itinerary,” said Caroline Larose of Transport Quebec.
When the bridge comes down and until it is replaced, drivers who want to access the highway will either have to head 2.5 km west and enter the highway from Angrignon Blvd., or head 1.5 km north only to get on Decarie Expressway heading south.
Last year Transport Quebec agreed to delay the St. Jacques project, originally scheduled for August 2013, because Decarie Blvd. was still under construction.
That road in front of the new MUHC superhospital is still under construction with no end date in sight.
It is expected to take several years to replace the St. Jacques St. Bridge, which will end up about 1 metre lower, as part of the rebuilding of the Turcot Interchange.
In one spot of good news, Transport Quebec seems to have has listened to residents who have been demanding some way to access the 720 eastbound from Western Montreal.
The agency says plans have been modified and the new interchange will include an access ramp to the 720 east from Pullman St. in St-Henri, which runs along the bottom of the escarpment, parallel to St. Jacques St.
The agency says plans have been modified and the new interchange will include an access ramp to the 720 east from Pullman St. in St-Henri, which runs along the bottom of the escarpment, parallel to St. Jacques St.
The new exit will be built in 2017.
Still, NDG-Cote-des-Neiges Mayor Russell Copeman predicts a big traffic mess.
“Everyone's going to be scrambling for alternate routes and there aren't that many east-west alternate routes,” he said. “We cannot have 21,000 cars a day merely shifting on to NDG Avenue or on Cote-Saint-Luc Rd.”
Still, NDG-Cote-des-Neiges Mayor Russell Copeman predicts a big traffic mess.
“Everyone's going to be scrambling for alternate routes and there aren't that many east-west alternate routes,” he said. “We cannot have 21,000 cars a day merely shifting on to NDG Avenue or on Cote-Saint-Luc Rd.”
Copeman said Transport Quebec has yet to meet with him to discuss a plan.
“There is a cavalier attitude,” he said.
Transport Quebec said it hopes people will be patient and consider the future.
Transport Quebec said it hopes people will be patient and consider the future.
“They’ll see in the long term what they will gain from it,” said Larose.
Read more: http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/st-jacques-entrance-to-ville-marie-east-closes-next-monday-1.1701676#ixzz2uT4S0OHe

No comments:
Post a Comment